Big Data Platform EngineerJOB OPENING
We believe in people and their power to achieve great things!
BRIGHT is the official Splunk partner for Bulgaria and CEE focused on delivery of data-driven analytics solutions in the areas of IT Operations & Security.
We are looking for bright and highly motivated professionals to join our team in Sofia.
Big Data Platform Engineer
The Big Data Platform Engineer is responsible for architecting, sizing, deploying and securing Splunk Enterprise machine data platform within customer environments. The role requires experience in administration of Linux- and Windows-based operating systems, mainly with Bash and PowerShell command-line interface.
The Engineer will be responsible for configuring the appropriate applications and add-ons within the platform to accommodate for the integrated 3rd-party customer systems.
- Deploy & fortify Splunk Enterprise and its components in Linux or Windows environments; Configure Splunk Enterprise index retention & role-based access policies; Configure external authentication and multi-factor authentication mechanisms in Splunk Enterprise
- Plug into customer’s 3rd party systems and configure data sources for Splunk Enterprise
- Design / develop data visualizations in Splunk (dashboards and reports)
- Provide support to customer’s engineers with the setup of 3rd party network components, operating systems and application servers in terms of logging levels and logging scope
- Provide hardware sizing advice to customer or 3rd party hardware vendors
- Troubleshoot performance & consistency issues within Splunk Enterprise and its components
- Maintain documentation & manage implementation-derived issues in Agile-friendly tools (e.g. Azure DevOps, GitHub, Atlassian JIRA / Confluence)
- At least one year of experience as an administrator and/or developer and/or Power user
- Knowledge/experience with Linux & Windows OS and their environments
- Knowledge/experience with scripting
- Knowledge/experience with database querying
- Knowledge/experience with regular expressions
- University degree
- Fluency in English
- Good organizational skills
- Good analytical skills
- Good customer service skills
- Ability to collaborate effectively both with colleagues and clients
- Willingness to learn new technologies
- Good communication skills
What we offer
- Extensive training and accreditation with Splunk Professional Services
- Opportunity to work on large scale projects and with international teams
- Opportunity to collaborate with some of the most knowledgeable and talented experts in the business
- Opportunity for career development (Senior Consultant L2/L3)
- Excellent remuneration and benefits
- Access to cutting-edge technologies
- Supportive and friendly working environment and team
Working for Bright
- We are a dynamic and rapidly growing IT Management consultancy with a strong sense of dedication to our customers.
- We believe in real partnership with our customers. Together we bridge gaps, align teams, navigate organizational change, raise the maturity and capability of their organizations to do more, become more competitive and readier for the challenges of the future.
- We take ownership of customer’s pains and goals and commit to achieve tangible realistic results.
- We are honest and proactive. Our customers appreciate our guts to say “no” to a request if it is not aligned with the end goal.
- We don’t disconnect when the project is over- will keep looking for further improvements to reach the next level.