IT Ops / Security Monitoring EngineerJOB OPENING
We believe in people and their power to achieve great things!
BRIGHT is the official Splunk partner for Bulgaria and CEE focused on delivery of data-driven analytics solutions in the areas of IT Operations & Security.
We are looking for bright and highly motivated professionals to join our team as IT Ops / Security Monitoring Engineer.
The IT Ops / Security Monitoring Engineer is responsible for architecting, sizing, deploying, integration and content management of Splunk Enterprise platform within customer environments mainly in IT Operations and Secuirty contexts. The role requires experience in delivering / administration of IT Operations management / Security solutions as well as configuration of Linux- and Windows-based operating systems.
BRIGHT offers extensive Splunk training and cetification program supporting the engineers to achieve mastery in the Splunk technology.
- Shape customer expectations and align outcomes with customer requirements with focus on business value
- Participate in all aspects of initiatives from the initial strategy discussions through the delivery process, requirements gathering, design and implementation
- Effectively build and leverage relationships within the Client organizations and BRIGHT to еnsure success
- Deploy & fortify Splunk Enterprise and its components on Linux or Windows environments
- Perform configuration of the Splunk Enterprise to meet the customer requirements
- Plug into customer’s 3rd party systems and configure data sources for Splunk Enterprise
- Design / develop data visualizations in Splunk (dashboards and reports)
- Provide support to customer’s engineers with the setup of 3rd party network components, operating systems and application servers in terms of logging levels and logging scope
- Provide hardware sizing advice to customer or 3rd party hardware vendors
- Troubleshoot performance & consistency issues within Splunk Enterprise and its components
- Maintain documentation & manage implementation-derived issues in Agile-friendly tools (e.g. Azure DevOps, GitHub, Atlassian JIRA / Confluence)
- Proven experience in administration of IT Operations Management solutions
- Experience deploying Monitoring solutions and associated infrastructure
- Configuration experience with Windows, Linux operating systems
- Proven experience with scripting languages such as Python or PowerShell
- Experience in Splunk or similar product is an advantage
- Experience defining metrics, thresholding and reporting baselines is an advantage
- Consistently delivers high quality results, including on-time quality deliverables and meeting project timelines
- Identifies and exploits future opportunities to drive additional value
- Successfully manages stakeholder expectations through solid communication and documentation
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills. Ability to interface at all levels within an organization, technical to senior management
- Willingness to learn new technologies
- University degree
- Fluency in English
What we offer
- Extensive training and cetification / accreditation with Splunk
- Opportunity to work on large scale projects and with international teams
- Opportunity to collaborate with some of the most knowledgeable and talented experts in the business
- Opportunity for career development (Senior Consultant L2/L3)
- Excellent remuneration and benefits
- Access to cutting-edge technologies
- Supportive and friendly working environment and team
Working for Bright
- We are a dynamic and rapidly growing IT Management consultancy with a strong sense of dedication to our customers.
- We believe in real partnership with our customers. Together we bridge gaps, align teams, navigate organizational change, raise the maturity and capability of their organizations to do more, become more competitive and readier for the challenges of the future.
- We take ownership of customer’s pains and goals and commit to achieve tangible realistic results.
- We are honest and proactive. Our customers appreciate our guts to say “no” to a request if it is not aligned with the end goal.
- We don’t disconnect when the project is over- will keep looking for further improvements to reach the next level.