Duration: 3 Days
Exam Included: Yes
Qualifications: ITIL® Foundation certificate in IT Service Management
Why choose Bright for your ITIL education?
- Focus on applying ITIL theory to each participant organization via individual case study development and consulting support;
- Delivered by accredited Bright Consulting trainers who bring in hands-on project experience in the IT Service Management area;
- Includes examples from Bright Consulting ITSM practice, delivering ITIL Transformation programs to some of the largest enterprises in EMEA;
This ITIL® Foundation course is an excellent introduction to IT Service Management best practices. The course follows the official training syllabus approved by Axelos and consists of short lectures, exercises, discussions, examination technique training, mock examinations and completes with a certification exam on the third day.
The target groups of the ITIL Foundation Certificate are:
- Individuals who require a basic understanding of the refreshed ITIL framework and how it may be used to enhance the quality of IT service management within an organisation.
- IT professionals that are working within an organisation that has adopted and adapted ITIL, who need to be informed about and thereafter contribute to, an ongoing service improvement programme.
Candidates can expect to gain competencies in the following upon successful completion of the education and examination components related to this certification:
- Service management as a practice – the concept of good practice, the concept of a service, the concept of service management, define roles, processes and functions
- The Service Lifecycle – The service lifecycle and its key concepts, the business value of the phases of the lifecycle
- Key Concepts and Definitions – Key terminology of service management, key principles and models
- Service Strategy – The four main activities of service strategy, the main goals and objectives of service strategy, basic overview of value creation through services, overview of the five service strategy processes
- Service Design – The importance of people, processes, products and partners, the five major aspects of service design, different sourcing approaches and options, overview of the seven service design processes
- Service Transition – The service V model, overview of the five service transition processes
- Service Operation – IT service versus technology components, quality of service versus costs of service, reactive versus proactive, overview of the five key service operation processes
- Continual Service Improvement – Objectives of continual service improvement, the seven step improvement process
- Functions – The service desk, technical management, application management, IT operations management
- Roles – The role of the process owner, the role of a service owner, the role of the RACI model in determining organisational structure
- Technology and Architecture – Requirements for an integrated set of service management technology, how service automation assists with integrated processes
Following completion of this unit, the candidate will gain an intensive introduction to the ITIL ® service management framework, including ITIL® terminology, the structure and basic concepts and an understanding of the core principles of ITIL® practices for service management.
Once accreditation has been achieved by passing the exam, you can then decide the relevant path that you wish to take through the Intermediate qualifications, ultimately achieving the ITIL® Expert accreditation.
Prerequisite Entry Criteria
There are no formal entry requirements although delegates should have a general awareness of IT and a basic understanding of the business environment.
What is provided?
- Comprehensive course materials
- Example questions
- Lunch and Refreshments
- Individual case study development
- Follow up guidance if required by telephone /email
The course ends with a one hour ‘closed book’ multiple-choice paper with 40 questions. The pass mark for this is 65%, 26 out of 40.
Тhis course is available as a public scheduled course and also as a private company course. Please contact us for more info.
ITIL® is a Registered Trade Mark, and a Registered Community Trade Mark of the Cabinet Office, and is registered in the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.